Recently we showcased some Imprinted Surfacing completed by our crews which received a few questions, so lets answer in more detail.
What is Imprinted Surfacing?
It’s a fantastic zero maintenance alternative to block paving which can be used in a multitude of areas such as, roads, pavements and driveways. Imprinted surfacing has a multitude of benefits with its aesthetically pleasing presence really complimenting the underlying brilliance of this product.
What are the benefits?
- Great alternative to block work
- A safe, hard wearing surface – Unlike block work, imprint will never lift and become a trip hazard!
- Ideal for Traffic Calming
- Choose from a multitude of colours/patterns
- Suitable for any urban area including schools
- Damaged sections can be easily repaired
- An application of approximately 50 – 75m2 per shift (measurements base on using one crew of five).
How is it made?
Imprinted Surfacing is created using a hot-applied, resin based material which is poured onto the existing surface, topped with sand to prevent the tools from sticking and then, as the name suggests, imprinted with your chosen pattern before the material cools.
The LMS Team
We offer a variety of surfacing solutions suitable for highly trafficked, urban areas, such as imprinted surfacing and HFS – high friction surfacing, both providing improved health & safety to pedestrians and road users. For more information feel free to give us a call on: 01626 331771.